Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On Libraries, Oddities, and Idiots...

Weird things happen. I of all people should know that. Ever heard of MLIA? That is my life.

So I shouldn't be shocked at a trip to get schoolbooks. But I am. Why? Get this: looking up books on cloning, I find a Star Wars book. Which is all fine and wonderful, but....WHY was it catalogued into the computer as a Non-Fiction book? Is George Lucas hiding something here?

Imagine the shock and horror I felt when I clicked on some seemingly benign title of YA "Nonfiction" to find out....the first words in the summary were "Jedi Master Yoda."

Ok, I'll admit. I couldn't stop laughing. The lady sitting at the table next to me was giving me the weirdest look. Don't worry, I'm used to it.

And then there's the idiots. They're everywhere.

Here's a hint you may be wearing too much cologne: I WAS GAGGING HALFWAY ACROSS THE LIBRARY! Thanks for ruining my sense of smell.

Guys, it doesn't make you hot, it makes you slightly repulsive. (When a girl says you took her breath away, it was probably the because she literally couldn't breath through your odor. Just sayin'.)

Sincerely,

The-Girl-Who-Would-Rather-Look-For-Books-Without-Choking (Aka. The Atari)

No comments:

Post a Comment